english.visitkorea.or.kr:Baekundong Valley flows 5km from the valley of Mt. Deoktaesan and Mt. Seongaksan. There are oak trees and maple trees growing in thick clusters and clean waters flowing nearby.
Baekundong Valley stands between the seven brother stones and Yongdam Waterfall, and starting from this point to Gwuiddegicheong Peak is Baekundong Valley. The rocks are connected in a long line and ponds can be seen here and there. On each sides of the valley there are rock walls, which make for some unforgettable scenery. Baekundong Valley maintains its natural beauty and majesty, which attracts many mountain climbers. Especially from the middle point where Jikbaekun and Gokbaekun combine to the Gugok Valley the most magnificent scenery of Baekundong Valley can be seen. The largest waterfall of Baekundong Valley, called Baekun Waterfall, is about 30 meters high. The upper part of the waterfall has rocks lined up in a long line. The landscape of Mt. Seoraksan seen from here is the representative natural scenery of Mt.Seoraksan.
Features of Baekundong Valley in South Korea:
– Baekundong Valley is located at Baegun-myeon, Jinan-gun in Jeollabuk-do.
– The valley stands between the seven brother stones and Yongdam Waterfall, and runs till Gwuiddegicheong Peak.
– The rocks are connected in a long line and ponds can be scattered around.
– There are rock walls on each side of the valley which create a breathtaking scene.
– There is Jeomjeon Rock which is located 5 km. along the valley from the Baekunmyeon site and it is about 120 square yards wide.
– There is also a waterfall that is about 5 meters high in the thick forest.
– This zone shows beautiful scene of azalea blossoms in spring.
– The legend of ‘Rajangsa’ and that of ‘Jeomjeon rock’ is that if you fix a reed between Jeomjin rocks you will bear a male baby.
– Baekundong Valley with its natural beauty and grace attracts mountain climbers from all over the country.
– Particularly, at the middle point where Jikbaekun and Gokbaekun combine to the Gugok Valley, is the most picturesque scenery of the Baekundong Valley.
– The largest waterfall of Baekundong Valley is called Baekun Waterfall and it is about 30 meters high.
– The upper part of the waterfall has rocks lined up in a long line.
– The landscape of Mt. Seoraksan seen from here is the most famous natural scenery of Mt. Seoraksan.
– Take one of the buses heading for Daewonsa Temple or Jungsan-ri and get off at Baekun-ri after a 30 minutes’ ride.
– Baekundong Valley features a parking lot with the capacity of 50 cars in the camping site.
Incoming search terms:
- jinan korea waterfall
- natural features of south korea
- South Korea Trees
No Comments »
No comments yet.